The NZ Mountain Film Festival National Tour takes award winning films to audiences around the NZ immediately after the Wanaka festival ends in July. A selection of the films are available for screenings in your town.
We also have a new free Schools programme for 2017 supported by the Federated Mountain Clubs. This means you can put on a free show in your local school when doing a National Tour screening. Contact us for details or check out the Schools Tour information on the FMC site, here.
Hosts in regions around the country choose a programme that reflects the interests of their local audiences from a selection of films on adventure, culture, environment and action sports. Contact us if you wish to host an event in your town or click here for National Tour FAQ.
We have screenings scheduled in:
- Kerikeri. Friday June 23. Kerikeri Primary School. 2016 Film selection.
- Cromwell at Golden Gate Lodge, Wednesday July 5, Click here for details.
- Auckland. MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL Saturday July 8. From 10am -10pm A selection of some of the best of the 2017 Festival, showing all day at FLICKS CINEMA Lopdell House. 418, Titirangi Road. Titirangi. Waitakere. Prizes for lucky seat numbers. Tickets: Adult $12 Under 14 yrs $8 from www.eventfinda.co.nz and on door Tel: 09 818 2489 Full details www.flickscinema.weebly.com.
- Hamilton – Wednesday July 19, at the Lido Cinema. Doors open at 7.30pm, films to start at 8pm. Tickets $25 and include a complimentary drink on arrival. Students $15. Click here for tickets, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets, or contact Karen Singers on 021702581.
- Waitomo. Friday July 21st and Saturday July 22nd at Waitomo Caves Discovery Centre. See here for details.
- Glenorchy. Saturday 22 July at Mrs Woolly’s General Store, 64 Oban St.
- Wellington. Saturday July 24 and Thursday July 27 at the Victoria University of Wellington Memorial Theatre.
- New Plymouth. Hosted by the Taranaki Alpine Club. Wednesday 2nd August, 6.30pm at Events Cinema 5, 119/125 Devon Street East, New Plymouth. Tickets $10/person, available from Macpac store, 28 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, from end of June.
- Takaka. August 2, more details to follow….
- Taupo. Friday August 11, 7:45pm at Starlight Cinema (buy tickets directly from the Cinema) $20.00.
- St Arnaud/Nelson Lakes. August 12, more details to follow….
- Napier. TBC.
- Twizel. Friday August 11. More details to follow….
- Christchurch. September/October (Leo Houlding talk hosted by the CMC on July 8 confirmed).
- Alexandra. Sunday 6 August at 5pm, and Monday August14 at 7.30pm. Central Cinema, 21 Centennial Ave, Alexandra.
- Palmerston North. August 24. Details to follow.
- Ohakune. TBC.
- Nelson. Friday and Saturday, September 1 and 2, at the Suter Theatre.
- Hokitika. TBC.
- Lake Hawea. TBC.
- Tauranga. TBC.