The NZ Mountain Film Festival National Tour takes award winning films to audiences around the NZ immediately after the Wanaka festival ends in July. A selection of the films are available for screenings in your town.
We also have a new free Schools programme for 2017 supported by the Federated Mountain Clubs. This means you can put on a free show in your local school when doing a National Tour screening. Contact us for details or check out the Schools Tour information on the FMC site, here.
Hosts in regions around the country choose a programme that reflects the interests of their local audiences from a selection of films on adventure, culture, environment and action sports. Contact us if you wish to host an event in your town or click here for National Tour FAQ.
We have screenings scheduled in:
- Kerikeri. Friday June 23. Kerikeri Primary School. 2016 Film selection.
- Cromwell at Golden Gate Lodge, Wednesday July 5, Click here for details.
- Auckland. MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL Saturday July 8. From 10am -10pm A selection of some of the best of the 2017 Festival, showing all day at FLICKS CINEMA Lopdell House. 418, Titirangi Road. Titirangi. Waitakere. Prizes for lucky seat numbers. Tickets: Adult $12 Under 14 yrs $8 from www.eventfinda.co.nz and on door Tel: 09 818 2489 Full details www.flickscinema.weebly.com.
- Hamilton – Wednesday July 19, at the Lido Cinema. Doors open at 7.30pm, films to start at 8pm. Tickets $25 and include a complimentary drink on arrival. Students $15. Click here for tickets, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets, or contact Karen Singers on 021702581.
- Waitomo. Friday July 21st and Saturday July 22nd at Waitomo Caves Discovery Centre. See here for details.
- Glenorchy. Saturday 22 July at Mrs Woolly’s General Store, 64 Oban St.
- Wellington. Saturday July 24 and Thursday July 27 at the Victoria University of Wellington Memorial Theatre. July 24 is the Best of Wanaka film selection of award winning films. Buy tickets here. July 27 is the Best NZ Made films, Pure NZ. Buy tickets here.
- National Park Village. Wednesday July 26 at Schnapps Bar in Findlay Street at 7pm.
- Darfield. July 29 at Hororata Primary School. More info here.
- New Plymouth. Hosted by the Taranaki Alpine Club. Wednesday 2nd August, 6.30pm at Events Cinema 5, 119/125 Devon Street East, New Plymouth. Tickets $10/person, available from Macpac store, 28 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, from end of June.
- Takaka. August 2, The Village Theatre, 32 Commercial St. Ticket prices: $20 adults, $15 kids, available from “Soul”. Fundraiser for Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter. Contact Tish Potter 03 525 8707 or John Mason 03 525 9918.
- Alexandra. Sunday 6 August at 5pm, and Monday August14 at 7.30pm. Central Cinema, 21 Centennial Ave, Alexandra.
- Rotorua. Thursday 10th August, 7pm – Holiday Inn’s Pohutu Cultural Theatre, 10 Tryon Street, Rotorua. $20, and Tickets on-line here, also from Outdoor Headquarters and on the door on the night.
- Taupo. Friday August 11, 7:45pm at Starlight Cinema (buy tickets directly from the Cinema) $20.00.
- Twizel. Friday August 11. Twizel Events Center Theater, 6:30pm Start, $10 Adult, $5 Secondary Students, Primary Children Free with AdultTicket available from Twizel Promotions Office. Mon – Fri 10am – 2pm. Doors sales open from 6pm on Friday 11th.
- St Arnaud/Nelson Lakes. August 12, from 5:30pm at the Lake Rotoiti Community Hall. Tickets $20.
- Napier. Saturday August 12 at 7:00pm. At the Tabard Theatre, Ahuriri, Napier. Tickets $20 and available from here or at the Tabard Thetre Costome Hire Shop, Ahuriri, Napier and door sales on the night (Subject to availability).
- Arthurs Pass. Friday 18 August. Arthur’s Pass Community Centre. 7.30pm, $15 cash at door.
- Nelson. Nelson. 7.30pm Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd September, at Suter Theatre, Bridge St, Nelson. Tickets $15 available from State Cinemas, Trafalgar St, Phone Booking available with c/c 03 548 3885, www.facebook.com/redhousefilms for details. Neil (organiser) – 021 774418.
- Lake Hawea. Saturday September 2 at the Lake Hawea Community Centre. Ticket information coming soon.
- Franz Josef. Saturday September 2 at 7:00pm. Alpine Adventure Centre Cinema, State Highway 6.
- Ohakune. Thursday 7 September at the Kings at 8:00pm. Tickets $15.
- Hokitika. September 15. Hokitika’s Regent Theatre at 7:00pm. Tickets $20 adults, $16 for under 15. Tickets are available from the venue.
- National Park Village. Wednesday 27 September, at Schnapps Bar in Findlay Street at 7pm. SHOW SHOW – a selection of ski and board adventure films!
- Christchurch. Thursday October 5th. Middleton Grange Auditorium, Performing Arts Centre, 27 Arthur Street, Upper Riccarton.
- Te Anau. Friday 13th and Saturday 14th October at 7:00pm at the Te Anau Community Events Centre. Proceeds going to Fiordland College Outdoor Education Programme. Drinks, snacks and supper available to purchase. Screenings sponsored by DOC and Fiordland Frontier Supplies.
- Tauranga. Friday 27th October at 7:00pm and Saturday 28th October at 4pm and 7.30pm. Tauranga Historic Village movie theater, 17th Avenue Tauranga. Tickets available here.