Showing in: Wanaka and Queenstown
Wanaka Session 4 Saturday June 30
Wanaka 8:00pm (doors open at 7:00pm) - View Trade Show and live music
Queenstown Session Q1 Thursday July 5
Queenstown 8:00pm (Doors open at 7:30 pm)
If Conrad looks familiar, you are probably an avid Festival fan as Conrad has appeared in our film and speaker stories untold times across 16 years of the festival. Or, of course, you are a keen mountaineer or climber who knows Conrad to be iconic and a master in the game. His name is synonymous with first ascents, the far-reaching edges of the earth (Himalayas, Antarctica, Alaska), ambition and kindness. We are honoured to welcome one of the worlds most accomplished alpinists climb on to our stage in 2018.
With over 30 years of experience under his belt, Conrad is still chasing first ascents. In 2011, he summited the Shark’s Fin, one of the last unclimbed Himalayan peaks, and in 2012, led an expedition to recreate the historic 1963 American Mount Everest Expedition. At 55, Conrad is still climbing at full throttle.
He’s a visionary, a champion for the environment, a pioneer and the best comrade you’ll find at 25,000 feet—he’s dedicated every ounce of his being to this life. Legendary doesn’t even begin to describe him.
• First ascent of the Shark’s Fin on Meru, India
• First ascent of East Face of Vinson Massif, Ellsworth Mountains, Antarctica
• First ascent of Rakekniven Peak, Snow Petrel Wall, Queen Maud Land, Antarctica – VI 5.10 A3
• Three summits of Mt Everest, one without supplemental oxygen
• First ascent of Continental Drift, El Capitan – VI 5.10 A4
• Captain of The North Face athlete team
Conrad’s ethos to ‘be good, be kind, be happy’ shines through in all the movies, articles and projects that he is involved with. We look forward to hearing about Conrad’s life of adventure in a series of talks across this year’s event.