How do we transform the town halls of Wanaka and Queenstown into a world-class film and speaking extravaganza? Volunteers! For each festival, we rely on the true grit and devotion of 40-50 volunteers. Who can volunteer? Anyone who is 16 years or older and willing to smile endlessly; get his or her hands dirty; work hard; and commit to a schedule while enjoying several of the world class shows.
Volunteering with NZMFF is always a fun experience, and a great way to get free access to events. You can volunteer for either the Film Festival or Book Festival (or both). At each show we have volunteers to help with ticket checking, cafe sales, MCing the films and speakers and door ushering. Volunteers help for short periods then get free access to the show, and possibly more surprises! We also require volunteers to help with the set up and take down of the event.
In exchange for helping, volunteers receive tickets to see the shows.
|Positions for the 2018 Festival will open on May 1st.|
- You must be available to work during the festival in either Wanaka (June 29 to July 4) or Queenstown (July 5-7).
- You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer.
- You must commit and promise to turn up at your allocated times.
- We do not provide accommodations for volunteers.
We also have some paid positions:
- Auditorium Manager (needs prior experience of our Festival).
- Kitchen Manager/Cook (preparing basic cafe food).
- Projectionists (need to be confident Apple computer users).
- Cafe/Bar Manager (requires a liquor license).
Contact us for more details.